The dictionary defines “restorative” as bringing back health, strength, and wellbeing. That is a perfect way to describe the benefits of restorative dentistry at Smiles Cosmetic & Family Dentistry.
When Restorative Dentistry is Needed
With good home hygiene, and regular professional cleanings and examinations, you can avoid most oral problems. However, the unexpected can still happen to anyone. Dr. Shrenna Clifton rescues smile function and appearance in these situations:
- Tooth decay
- Trauma (breakage)
- Knocked out, missing, or extracted tooth
- Infection at the nerve center of a tooth
- Old dental work that is faulty or unattractive
- Bite alignment problems
After careful examination, Dr. Clifton explains treatment options. Her goal is to restore your comfort and smile confidence, with a solution that fits your lifestyle and budget.
- Fillings Sturdy amalgam or durable, natural-looking composite resin fixes cavities.
- Inlays and onlays A great choice for a bigger cavity. An inlay or onlay is crafted to precisely fit into a prepared tooth.
- Crowns A good pick for a large cavity or breakage. A crown protects a tooth that has had root canal therapy and finishes a dental implant.
- Bridges A fixed bridge anchors an artificial tooth in the space left by a missing one. Up to three teeth in a row can be replaced with a bridge.
- Dental implants An implant replaces the root of a missing tooth, keeping bone dense and healthy. Just a few strategically placed implants hold a full denture securely.
- Dentures A partial or full denture can be an economical solution. Dr. Clifton offers the option of immediate dentures, so you don’t have to go a day without teeth.
At Smiles Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, we take our job of restoring your smile seriously. Our restorative dentistry treatments are administered with compassion and precision. Call (770) 637-7428 to schedule.